Friday, May 3, 2013

Anti-Muslim Imran Firasat acquitted of hate crime of "hurting Muslim feelings"

http://www.legal-project.org/4039/a-landmark-victory-for-the-freedom-of-expression

 

A landmark victory for the freedom of expression in Europe: Imran Firasat acquitted of hate crime

by Robert Spencer
Jihad Watch
April 30, 2013

http://www.legal-project.org/4039/a-landmark-victory-for-the-freedom-of-expressionI just received this message from Imran Firasat:

Hi friends. As you all know that a few months ago my refugee status was revoked by the Spanish government over producing a movie on Islam's prophet Muhammad's life.

After that I was also accused of hate crime (hurting religious sentiments of Muslims) and was being prosecuted. There was a huge pressure on me to leave Spain or to be prepared for deportation or detention. But I decided to stay here and fight for my right to freedom of expression.

The appeal I have lodged against the decision of the ministry to revoke my refugee status is still in the process in the Spanish high court. But today I have got great news which is a landmark victory for the freedom of expression in Spain and in Europe.

The public prosecutor and the acting judge have acquitted me of the hate crime. They have said that there are no indications of having committed a crime. They said that after having a look at my declaration and all the documentation, they have found that I always had informed the government about my actions on Islam and that I never had any wrong intention to hurt someone's feelings or threat the national security of Spain.

Friends, do you know what does this mean? This means that our western politicians can be afraid of Islamism and ignore the rights of a western citizen in order to appease radical Islam but the justice never favors anyone and always goes with the truth. I am happy that my country's judicial system has respected my right of freedom of expression. I am thankful to the Spanish judges for giving me justice and leaving a great message that the justice can never be oppressed by the politicians, radical Islamic organizations or by the Islamic violence.

I hope that I will also recover my refugee status soon as I have been acquitted by the Spanish court of the hate crime. If by expressing my opinion, I haven't committed any crime according to the Spanish law, then why should my refugee status be revoked.

Thanks to those who have opposed me and a very special thanks to those who have helped and supported me during the hard moments of my life. I specially want to appreciate the help which I got from "The Legal Project", "Discourse Institute UK", "Mr. M.A.Khan" and many other individuals and organizations. A very special thanks to Dr. Daniel Pipes for his love, care and attention towards me.

But I think I still should not be too happy as I still have to fight to get back my refugee status. I still have to set an example in Spain and in Europe that in the western democracies anything can be criticized including Islam as Islam is not an exception and that we are not going to shut our mouths because of the fear of unnecessarily Islamic violence.

I request all of you to please sign the following petition to the Minister of interior of Spain, asking him to reinstate my refugee status.

Ministro del Interior del Gobierno de España, Jorge Fernández Díaz: Mantenga la condición de refugiado del ciudadano Imran Firasat
http://www.change.org/es/peticiones/ministro-del-interior-del-gobierno-de-espa%C3%B1a-jorge-fern%C3%A1ndez-d%C3%ADaz-mantenga-la-condici%C3%B3n-de-refugiado-del-ciudadano-imran-firasat

Thank you very much
Yours sincerely
Imran Firasat

 

No comments:

Post a Comment