Sunday, May 26, 2013

More warm and fuzzy thoughts from Bagram.

 

 

 

 

New post on Fellowship of the Minds

 

More warm and fuzzy thoughts from Bagram…

by DCG

sign

In April I blogged about the web site ILoveBagram.com. This is a web site where soldiers post reasons about why they love Bagram. Here's some quotes to give you an idea of what fun they are having over there (not):

I love Bagram because:

·         Taco shells so stale they shatter like glass when you bite them.

·         Eating half your meal at Dragon Dfac (dining facility), then looking down and noticing that some of you food is moving. Bugs are extra protein, right?

·         I realized that when I say "I hope the food sucks for lunch/dinner", I'm never disappointed and I'm happy to have something go the way I want!

·         Where else can you be constipated in the morning and have diarrhea in the afternoon.

·         ManBearPig doesn't dare trespass here.

·         They should issue a medal for being able to saw through your food without cutting through the to-go box.

·         I can have any different combinations of chicken and rice EVERY FRICKING DAY.

·         One visit to Kandahar and the poo pond and everyone up in Bagram will stop complaining.

·         You know you have been here too long when one of your NCOs is watching the news in Dragon DFAC and says...man, Michelle Obama is hot!

·         Getting the shower water to a comfortable temperature is like solving the DaVinci code.

·         I LOVE the way my hands smell like turds AFTER washing them in the "Disinfected non-potable water" at the DFAC!

·         Learning the hard way that your bladder has a capacity of about 1.3 water bottles.

·         We get crappy utensils that can't cut pudding, but the American prison system has to worry about prisoners making shanks with theirs.

·         Finally coming to terms with breathing all this dust. Consider it free "Mineral Air".

·         After reading this I’m glad I’m not there.

Warning: If you go to the web site, you will find language that may be offensive. After all, not all aspects of serving over there are a pleasure. You’ve been warned :)

DCG

DCG | May 26, 2013 at 4:30 am | Tags: Bagram | Categories: Humor, Military | URL: http://wp.me/pKuKY-lPT

Comment

   See all comments

 

Trouble clicking? Copy and paste this URL into your browser:
http://fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com/2013/05/26/more-warm-and-fuzzy-thoughts-from-bagram/

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment