Thursday, April 4, 2013

Letter forwarded by retired State Police Sergeant to Obama's leftist lapdogs in Hartford

Dear [Recipient]

 

I am writing to convey my concerns over gun control measures that have been dominating legislative debate and agenda.  I am a retired Connecticut State Police sergeant, with twenty years of law enforcement  experience,  including positions held as a Major Crimes Unit detective and supervisor in the Bureau of Criminal Investigations.  I have seen my share of violent crimes, including crimes involving firearms.  I propose to you that expressed intentions for controlling, limiting and further regulating gun ownership through selective banning of firearms, mandated registry and ammunition regulation is misplaced energy and in violation of the United States and Connecticut Constitutions.  Infringing on the Second Amendment rights of law abiding citizens will do nothing to eliminate or even curb gun violence in our nation.  Doing so will only create more victims of gun violence by criminals who care nothing of the law.  Need an example? Look no further than Chicago, Illinois which has some of the most stringent gun laws in the nation and the highest murder rate.

 

As I patrolled Connecticut towns and highways during my career, I never once feared law abiding citizens who were armed for their own protection and within their Constitutional Right to Bear Arms. In fact, I went about my job with the added satisfaction that those individuals were safe and had the means to defend themselves (or even come to my aid) as I often patrolled up to three to six rural towns at the same time and by myself.  Gun control proponents who claim to represent law enforcement, such as the National Chiefs of Police Association, do not represent the majority opinion within the law enforcement community.  Such organizations are largely political action groups represented by political appointees in larger urban areas, where this gun control debate resonates within a far left agenda.  I would like you to focus on enforcement of existing laws and penalties for criminals in our society rather than making instant felons of law abiding citizens with the stroke of a pen.

 

Further (and more to the point), even introducing or proposing legislation to infringe upon United States citizens in their Constitutional Right to Bear Arms is in and of itself a violation of your oath of office to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States of America and the State of Connecticut (as applicable to this letter).  A violation of such oath of office is an impeachable offense for any elected official or judge.  To knowingly do so, with the intent to undermine and weaken the United States Constitution and alter the founding principles of our nation, outside the amendment process, is treasonous.  As your constituent and a United States citizen, I ask you to oppose any further attempts to pervert the United States and Connecticut Constitutions in violation of the Second Amendment and the Bill of Rights.  The Second Amendment was not just written for self defense but to assure citizens the right to defend themselves from those who would leave them defenseless.  I am a registered Independent voter.  Be aware I am monitoring your actions regarding this issue and I will vigorously oppose you or any candidate for political office who continues along this fruitless path. 

 

Guns do not kill people!  Criminals kill people!  And criminals will always find a way to obtain firearms!  Do not infringe on our Constitutional rights!

 

Very Sincerely Yours,

Neal T. Wholey

Colchester, CT          

 

No comments:

Post a Comment