Friday, April 19, 2013

A Few Things to Know About Paul Kevin Curtis, the Crazy Ricin Suspect

 

A Few Things to Know About Paul Kevin Curtis, the Crazy Ricin Suspect

by Josh Dzieza Apr 18, 2013 3:59 PM EDT

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/04/18/a-few-things-to-know-about-paul-kevin-curtis-the-crazy-ricin-suspect.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+thedailybeast%2Farticles+%28The+Daily+Beast+-+Latest+Articles%29&utm_content=Google+Reader

 

 

The Mississippi man arrested for allegedly sending poison-packed letters to

President Obama is an Elvis impersonator and a purveyor of organ-harvesting

paranoia. Josh Dzieza follows the online bread crumbs.

 

Early Wednesday evening, federal agents in Tupelo, Mississippi, arrested

Paul Kevin Curtis,the man suspected of sending ricin-laced letters to

President Obama, Alabama Senator Roger Wicker, and a local judge.

130417-Dzieza-Ricin-Culprit-tease

 

Paul Kevin Curtis, the man suspected of sending ricin-laced letters to

President Obama, Senator Wicker, and a local judge, performed at Elivis,

Elton John, Kid Rock and others in YouTube videos. (via YouTube)

 

They had an easy job finding Curtis, mostly because the poison letters bore

the same signoff and initials he used in his many Facebook posts and

internet comments: "I am KC and I approve this message." So obvious was the

trail of digital breadcrumbs Curtis left behind, bloggers at Lady Liberty

identified him hours before his arrest was announced.

 

His web presence paints the portrait of a very peculiar man.

 

He's an Elvis Impersonator

 

The first thing that bears mentioning is that Curtis is an Elvis

impersonator. And not just Elvis-a glance at his YouTube channel  reveals

off-key renditions of Prince, Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis, and others.

 

Here's a compilation video he made for his impersonator business, Tribute to

the Stars.

 

And here he is singing Little Red Corvette to a class of 8th graders.

 

He's Afraid for Your Organs

 

Other than impersonations, Curtis seems to have spent his time trying to

bring attention to what he believed was a Mafia-run plot to harvest organs

from the hospital where he briefly worked.

 

On a website believed to be run by Curtis, he writes that he's trying to

expose a "conspiracy to ruin my reputation" that began the day "I

accidentally discovered a refrigerator full of dismembered body parts &

organs wrapped in plastic in the morgue." The site also promotes his ebook,

called Missing Pieces, about an organ-harvesting ring.

 

On Tuesday, he posted this on Facebook:

 

I'm on the hidden front lines of a secret war. A war that is making Billions

of dollars for corrupt mafia related organizations and people. (bone,

tissue, organ, body parts harvesting black market) when we lay our loved

ones to rest....we hope and pray their bodies are not violated but I am here

to tell you, as long as the bone, tissue & organ harvesting indu$try is NOT

REGULATED....on any level(s) whether it be local, state, federal or

national...........your loved ones body parts are NOT $AFE. It's not fun for

me to be the Me$$enger here. It was not fun in 1999 when I made accidental

discovery and became a "Person of interest".

 

My mother wants me to SHUT UP. My brothers fear me. My sister hates me. My

cousins have hostility towards me (they work in healthcare) I have lost most

of my friends. I have spent more than $130,000.00 on legal fee's in 13.5

yrs. They burned down my home, killed my dogs, my cat, my rabbit, blew up my

1966 Plymouth Valent. They destroyed my marriage, they distracted my career,

they stalked, they trolled, they came in to my home, took my computers, had

me arrested 22 times and guess what? I am still a thorn in their corrupt

anals! I will remain here until Jesus Christ decides its time for me to go.

(ur welcome and amen. :)

 

On another site, ripoffreport.com, Curtis says he was hounded by hospital

staff, police, and government officials after he asked about a refrigerator

full of body parts in the morgue. He recounts a fight with an assistant

district attorney (though the DA was working with Curtis in his capacity as

an Elvis impersonator and not, apparently, as a government official):

 

On May 23, 2003, an intoxicated assistant district attorney pushed me

backwards during a debate about corruption in northeast, MS. and then put a

loaded 9 mm bereta to my head in front of my (then) wife and 2 sons, ages 7

and 9.

 

I didn't know at the time he was an assistant DA in Tupelo. All I knew was

that the city hired him to play rythem guitar in a special new production

that I developed including my older brother Jack. The show was gaining

attention as we are the only brother duo Elvis Presley Tribute act in the

world.

 

He's Encountered Wicker Before

 

Curtis was aggressive about bringing attention to the organ-harvesting

conspiracy, sending out "more than a million emails in one year," according

to his ripoffreport post. He also had an encounter with Roger Wicker, one of

the recipients of the ricin letters.

 

I sent letters to State Representative Roger Wicker, Senator Trent Lott and

Thad Cochran. I never heard a word from anyone. I even ran into Roger Wicker

several different times while performing at special banquets and fundraisers

in northeast, Mississippi but he seemed very nervous while speaking with me

and would make a fast exit to the door when I engaged in conversation

leading up to my case against NMMC.

 

He signed that post, "This is Kevin Curtis and I approve this report."

 

==========================================

(F)AIR USE NOTICE: All original content and/or articles and graphics in this

message are copyrighted, unless specifically noted otherwise. All rights to

these copyrighted items are reserved. Articles and graphics have been placed

within for educational and discussion purposes only, in compliance with

"Fair Use" criteria established in Section 107 of the Copyright Act of 1976.

The principle of "Fair Use" was established as law by Section 107 of The

Copyright Act of 1976. "Fair Use" legally eliminates the need to obtain

permission or pay royalties for the use of previously copyrighted materials

if the purposes of display include "criticism, comment, news reporting,

teaching, scholarship, and research." Section 107 establishes four criteria

for determining whether the use of a work in any particular case qualifies

as a "fair use". A work used does not necessarily have to satisfy all four

criteria to qualify as an instance of "fair use". Rather, "fair use" is

determined by the overall extent to which the cited work does or does not

substantially satisfy the criteria in their totality. If you wish to use

copyrighted material for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use,' you

must obtain permission from the copyright owner. For more information go to:

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

 

THIS DOCUMENT MAY CONTAIN COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. COPYING AND DISSEMINATION IS

PROHIBITED WITHOUT PERMISSION OF THE COPYRIGHT OWNERS.

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment