Thursday, April 25, 2013

Biden Cracks Joke at Memorial Service for Slain Police Officer | The Weekly Standard

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/biden-cracks-joke-memorial-service-slain-police-officer_719082.html

Biden Cracks Joke at Memorial Service for Slain Police Officer

Vice President Joe Biden made a joke today at the memorial service for slain MIT police officer Sean Collier:

"One of my favorite poets is Seamus Heaney," said Biden, who is of Irish descent. "I know the congressman thinks I always quote Irish poets because I'm Irish. That's not the reason I do it. I quote Irish poets because they're the best poets and that's the reason why," Biden deadpanned. "And the Collier family knows that, right?"

Biden continued, "But all kidding aside..."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment