Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Michelle Obama Thinks You're a Blockhead

http://eaglerising.com/4865/michelle-obama-thinks-youre-blockhead/

 

Michelle Obama Thinks You’re a Blockhead

Michelle Obama's recent helpful comments about how young people are "blockheads" and need to enroll in Obamacare because they could be injured "dancing" or cooking ... are telling. Her husband, the smartest guy in the world, has illustrated how important teleprompters are, and how they can spare us all lots of embarrassment.  When he leaves the T-prompter at home and ventures into the "real world" he can say painfully dumb things. One of my personal favorites was when he was quoting the Psalmist and misread the word "bow." He pronounced the word as it is used to describe what he does in the presence of the Saudi royal family. (Remember the Saudis? They came to power by assassinating the former dynasty members. They also provided the young fellows who hijacked the planes on September 11.) 

This was a period early during the Obama dynasty when he was trying to woo (I guess) the "religious right" instead of calling them "clingers."  Painfully, the correct rendition of the word "bow" was apparent to even the meanest understanding by the context of the Psalm containing it. The reference of the Psalmist was to a time when the "archer's" weapons would be no longer needed. "Bows" and arrows will no longer be needed, some day, when war shall be made no more. Reading can be tricky.

Reminds me of the time Howard Dean said his favorite New Testament book was "Ecclesiastes." I don't think this remark woke up any of the "press corpse" but King Solomon may have taken exception.

Poor Michelle didn't mangle the meaning of some Ancient Passage with which she was totally unfamiliar. She was just speaking her mind. Off the cuff. And while doing so, she revealed her ignorance of what her hubby and Congress have foisted on the rest of us. Those of us who cling bitterly to The Book and "guns." Not to mention lusting after those tony $12,000 evening gowns she wears to state dinners in the White House (which I'm sure stay in some National museum where the artifacts relating to former First Ladies are preserved for posterity after she has dropped off the national scene). She doesn't understand Americans who live in Realsville.

Her statement, which seemed to have been uttered in seriousness, illustrates how frivolous this group is.

"Dancing?" "Cooking?" Give me a break! How about oldsters like me? Can't I get hurt cooking? (It nearly happened the other night when my wife foolishly entrusted me with the task of "browning" some breadcrumbs destined to stuff some small chili peppers. It seems I kept them in the skillet a few moments too long. This foolish error on my part nearly resulted in an early demise (which probably isn't covered under Obamacare...funeral expenses, that is) (although, I'm sure the physical symptoms associated with emotional trauma is ...at least for young "blockheads"). And why can't I get injured dancing on a bar stool? I can get hurt at my age doing just about anything people normally do. I would, admittedly, be a little out of my element in any bar...particularly in bars where dangerous activities are engaged in. The only time I spent any serious time in an establishment where intoxicants are served was in law school when I was tricked into accompanying a buddy to a favorite food joint, when the buddy (who was driving) actually was going to a bar next door where an impromptu post mid-term exams celebration was being held. I didn't engage in any dangerous dancing, but I did get to meet a new friend who was the only other teetotaler present. While our classmates were sliding under the table we had an interesting extended conversation about our backgrounds and dreams. I think he had been shanghaied, too.

We both emerged unscathed and not needing nationalized single payer health care.

Life was simpler then, but, of course, Reagan was in the White House.


Read more at http://eaglerising.com/4865/michelle-obama-thinks-youre-blockhead/#hfkcWiO5iGLBmBbb.99

 

No comments:

Post a Comment