25 February 2014 06:35
Written by Col. Tom Snodgrass (Ret.)
On ‘Meet the Press’ Susan Rice Continued To Defend The Obama Regime’s Egregious Benghazi Lie
By Col. Tom Snodgrass (Ret.), Right Side News
“MEET THE PRESS TRANSCRIPT: Feb. 23, 2014” – The Lie Continues
When you were last here, Ambassador Rice, it was an eventful morning on the story of Benghazi and the horrible attack on our compound there. We haven't seen you in a while. As you look back at your involvement in all of that, do you have any regrets?
David, no. Because what I said to you that morning, and what I did every day since, was to share the best information that we had at the time. The information I provided, which I explained to you, was what we had at the moment. It could change. I commented that this was based on what we knew on that morning, was provided to me and my colleagues, and indeed, to Congress, by the intelligence community. And that's been well validated in many different ways since.
And that information turned out, in some respects, not to be 100% correct. But the notion that somehow I or anybody else in the administration misled the American people is patently false. And I think that that's been amply demonstrated.
The Original Benghazi Lie As Presented On “Fox News Sunday,” Sep 16, 2012
CHRIS WALLACE: Let’s talk about the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi this week that killed four Americans, including Ambassador Chris Stevens.
The top Libyan official says that the attack on Tuesday was, quote, his words “preplanned”. Al Qaeda says the operation was revenge for our killing a top Al Qaeda leader.
What do we know?
MS. RICE: Well, first of all, Chris, we are obviously investigating this very closely. The FBI has a lead in this investigation. The information, the best information and the best assessment we have today is that in fact this was not a preplanned, premeditated attack. That what happened initially was that it was a spontaneous reaction to what had just transpired in Cairo as a consequence of the video. People gathered outside the embassy and then it grew very violent and those with extremist ties joined the fray and came with heavy weapons, which unfortunately are quite common in post-revolutionary Libya and that then spun out of control.
But we don’t see at this point signs this was a coordinated plan, premeditated attack. Obviously, we will wait for the results of the investigation and we don’t want to jump to conclusions before then. But I do think it’s important for the American people to know our best current assessment.
Even The Account That The Attack On The U.S. Embassy In Egypt Was Motivated By The Obscure Anti-Mohammad Video Was A Lie
The “blame it on the video” deception concerning the now-proven jihadist attack on the U.S. diplomatic compound in Benghazi was based on a fabricated account that an obscure video parodying Mohammad had been the motive behind an earlier attack on the U.S. embassy in Cairo, Egypt. According to the Obama regime’s cover-up fabrication, the Egyptian embassy attack in turn triggered a copycat attack in Benghazi for the same alleged reason that this video produced in the U.S. insulted Islam. The premise of the Egyptian embassy attack trigger has never been investigated or challenged by the mainstream media, but was in fact an al-Qaeda planned and executed from beginning to end. However, the way that the video story began was with “tweets” from State Department officials in the Cairo embassy that blamed the video as the cause of a riot that the embassy staff had been forewarned was in the making.
In reality, the demonstration was spearheaded by al-Qaeda-linked jihadists under the leadership of Mohammad al-Zawahiri, brother of al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri. The purpose of al-Zawahiri and these Egyptian jihadists was to continue their long-running campaign demanding the release of the Egyptian Blind Sheikh Omar Abdel Rahman from U.S. custody for his role in the 1993 first jihadist attack on the World Trade Center. The al-Qaeda all-out assault on the Cairo embassy ended with the compound being stormed and the U.S. flag torn down and replaced by the black flag of al-Qaeda. Additionally, at least three other al-Qaeda-linked Egyptian jihadist leaders have also been identified with this embassy incursion.
The why and wherefore of the State Department’s motive for disingenuously attributing the Cairo riot to violent reaction against the parody video, even before the trouble began, was to protect Obama’s re-election campaign lie that he had eliminated al-Qaeda as a threat to the U.S. Of course, Obama’s policy of supporting the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt and Islamic supremacists throughout the Middle East was enabling the Islamic terror of al-Qaeda and other jihadists in the region and, therefore, had to be hidden from the American public by the State Department, at least until after the presidential election.
Rice’s ‘Talking Points Lie’ Also Continues To Unravel, In Spite Of Her Denial
The fraudulent claim by Rice that “ . . . the notion that somehow I or anybody else in the administration misled the American people is patently false” has been repeatedly and thoroughly debunked in 450 pages of testimony given at nine hearings in the House Armed Services Committee that were declassified this month. Yet Rice continues to repeat the lie that “what I said to you (NBC host, David Gregory) that morning, and what I did every day since, was to share the best information that we had at the time. The information I provided, which I explained to you, was what we had at the moment.”
But Gen Carter Ham, who was commander of U.S. African Command on Sep 11, 2012, in testimony before the House stated that he was notified of the jihadist assault on the U.S. Benghazi diplomatic compound within minutes after the onslaught began. Then he immediately informed then-Defense Secretary Leon Panetta and Gen. Martin Dempsey, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, in person in the Pentagon of the terrorist attack. Consequently Obama’s two principle defense advisors knew that jihadist terrorists were the attackers in Benghazi while the clash was actually occurring! It would certainly seem that this information directly from Benghazi was the “best information” that was available to Obama regime by Sep 16th, especially after it was incontrovertibly confirmed by Greg Hicks, Deputy Chief of Mission in Libya, and the CIA Chief of Station in Libya in the days immediately following Sep 11th! The other fact that sharply calls into question the veracity of Rice’s account that the Obama regime was blind to the nature of the attack on the Benghazi compound was that, right after Gen Ham informed Panetta and Dempsey, they met with Obama in the White House! That they did not tell Obama of the nature of the Benghazi jihadist attack in that meeting stretches credulity beyond belief. But whether they did or they didn’t, the information that it was a jihadist attack was undeniably available by the time Rice went on five television news talk programs five full days after the Obama regime’s Benghazi travesty of incompetence.
In blatant disregard for the truth, Obama, Rice, and their accomplices continue in their arrogant, insulting lie to the American people. It is clear that, after one and a half years, the Obama regime has not the slightest inclination to provide the U.S. public with the truth about Benghazi. Our mendacious government obviously will continue in their egregious lie until the truth is so widely known throughout the nation that even their minion media will no longer countenance their lie.
Therefore, it is incumbent on concerned citizens, who are not Obamanauts, to incessantly pressure Speaker of the House of Representatives, John Boehner, to stop holding up the legislation of Rep Frank Wolf, R-VA, intended to create a Joint House Select Committee with subpoena power to get to the bottom of the Benghazi massacre. We owe the truth to the four Americans who died for their country in Benghazi.